BETTER TOUCH BETTER BUSINESS
Contact Sales at Nina Lin
Maintenance knowledge of ceramic tiles
During the use of ceramic tiles, improper use may easily cause surface seepage. Several common treatment methods for seepage are as follows:
1. Tea Use sodium hypochlorite diluent (bleaching agent) for stains, fruit stains, coffee, sauce vinegar, leather shoe prints and other stains, soak it for 20-30 minutes and wipe it off with a cloth; some stains that have penetrated into the brick for a long time require a few soaking times Hours.
2. For the mildew spots formed by the mildew of ink and antifouling wax, use sodium hypochlorite diluent (bleaching agent). When using, just apply bleach to the stain and soak for a few minutes to wipe it off.
3. Use hydrochloric acid or phosphoric acid solution for cement, scale, rust and rust spots, and rub it several times.
4. Use alkaline cleaners or organic solvents (5-ketone, triethylene) for paint, oil stains, and surface anti-fouling wax layer, and paint and oil stain remover.
5. How to use rubber hammer printing for decontamination: first soak in 20%-40% sodium hydroxide solution for 24 hours, then wipe it with a cloth, and then use 30%-50% hydrochloric acid After soaking in the solution for 30 minutes, wipe it off with a cloth.
6. Use alkaline cleaner for ice cream.
7. Use acidic cleaners for lime scale.
1. Wear rubber gloves when using the above.
2. After cleaning the stains, wipe the brick surface clean with water.
3. There are new decontamination cleaners in the market or supermarket, please refer to the scope and method of decontamination above.
Question 1 Empty drum
Take a small hammer to knock the tiles on the floor and wall one by one, and judge whether there is an empty drum by the sound . If there is no empty drum, the sound is dull, and if there is an empty drum, the sound is crisp. The partial hollowing of wall and floor tiles shall not exceed 5% of the total.
Causes: There are many reasons for the hollowing of the tiles. The common situations are: 1. The tiles are not soaked in water or too long before paving. 2. When paving, the mixing of cement mortar is not even enough or the ratio of cement mortar is not in place. Too little cement causes the brick surface to not stick to the wall. 3. When the ceramic tiles are laid, if the workers do not have enough craftsmanship, the ceramic tiles and cement are not compacted or the ceramic tiles are not laid tightly, the adhesion of the ceramic tiles will decrease. When the season changes, the large temperature difference will make these problems more prominent. 4. At present, the riser walls of light-weight walls, internal insulation walls and pipelines are mostly made by keel and cement pressure plate, that is, the keel is layered first, and then sealed with cement pressure plate. Tiles on this kind of wall, due to the self-weight of the tiles, the keel is easy to deform and shift after being stressed, and the cement pressure plate will also change to a certain extent. As the water evaporates and the shrinkage of cement mortar and other materials, the tiles are also prone to occur. Empty drum.
In order to reduce the possibility of hollowing of the tiles, it is usually necessary to coat steel wire mesh or use interface agents or proportioning mortar before tiling to reduce the occurrence of hollowing problems.
How to deal with it: If there is only one corner or the middle point of the hollow drum, this is normal. If there are more than two corners or multiple hollows in the middle of the tiles, or even the tiles are arched and separated from the wall, the paving workers are required to pry the tiles and resurface. And if more than 1/3 of the paving area is empty, you need to pry all the floor tiles off and re-pave. When replacing, pay attention to whether there are water and electricity pipelines passing through the replaced part.
Question 2 Tile arching and falling off
Causes: 1. The construction team cut corners, the ratio of cement and sand was not according to the standard; 2. The process time was discounted, and the sand and cement were not mixed. Evenly, after reconciliation, the time for '饧' is omitted, which usually takes 3-4 minutes; 3. After the workers put the bricks without further compacting the combination of the brick and the wall, they are directly covered; 4. The more serious ones belong to the original The grassroots treatment is too poor, and the construction team did not do roughening treatment before tiling; 5. The time for soaking the glazed tiles in water is not enough.
Solution: As long as there are two reasons at the same time, the tiles will inevitably fall off. Generally speaking, inadequate paving, poor grass-roots treatment and insufficient soaking time are common reasons. Tile adhesives can be used to stick the peeled tiles.
Question 3 Cracking
(1) Large-scale cracks appear on the surface of wall tiles
Cause of occurrence: because of wall settlement The cracks caused are mostly in new houses and relatively few in old houses. If the base layer settles, it will cause the bricks and wall paint on the surface to crack. If several bricks have regular or irregular cracks, they can be removed to determine whether it is a grassroots problem.
If several floor tiles break in the same direction and run through the room, the floor tiles in other rooms have not changed. It may also be caused by the deformation of the bottom of the house, such as cracks in the middle of the floor or cracks in the ground leveling layer. Deformation causes the tiles to crack.
How to deal with it: Check whether the grassroots changes are serious. If it is serious, it may affect the good performance of the house. If it is not serious, it will not affect the use. You can leave it alone and keep paying attention to the changes at the grassroots level.
(2) Cracks appear on the surface of the ceramic tile
Causes: 1. The quality of the ceramic tile itself is too low, which may lead to cracks or cracks, but Cui Tao said that the current situation is relatively Rarely, 'The quality of the bricks is indeed too low, and this may happen if the tensile strength is too poor.' 2. There is no soaking in water for curing before paving, causing the brick surface to crack due to the tensile force of the cement mortar. 3. If the basic treatment such as waterproofing is not in place, it will also cause the wall tiles to crack.
Treatment method: If it does not cause hollowing and falling off, the cracking of the tiles will affect the appearance. If it is troublesome, you can leave it alone.
We are here to help you! If you close the chatbox, you will automatically receive a response from us via email. Please be sure to leave your contact details so that we can better assist