- Faucet & Drainer & Valve
- Flooring Material Types
- Wall Coverings
- Bathroom Fittings
Today I will teach you simple and convenient tile tips
Many people sometimes think about tiling tiles if they want to save money. Many people don’t know how to do it. So let’s talk about the tips for tiling tiles today.
1. Soak in water before the tiles are laid. First, clean the back of pre-selected tiles and soak them in water for more than 2 hours. The purpose of soaking in water is to make the tiles full of moisture in advance, so as not to absorb the moisture in the bonding material after paving, affecting the bonding strength or causing excessive shrinkage of the bonding material, causing hollowing, debonding, etc. After the tiles are soaked in water, they should be taken out of the water before laying, and the surface moisture should be wiped off with a cotton cloth or the surface moisture should be dried before laying.
2, hang the vertical line before the tiles are laid. Before paving, a vertical line should be hung on the leveling layer of the wall to determine the wall size line of the tiles, and the horizontal line should be drawn so that the surface can be flat and the tiles can be horizontal and vertical during paving.
3. Set up wooden pallets. When laying tiles, the horizontal line should be used as the basis, and wooden pallets supporting the tiles should be set. Its purpose is to prevent the tiles from falling or shifting before the bonding material has hardened to build strength.
4. Tiles usually start from doors and windows. Laying ceramic tiles generally starts from the outside corners or the sides of doors and windows, and proceeds from bottom to top, from left to right. The paving method is like this, first wetting the leveling layer with water, using a small ash spatula to wipe the mixed bonding material on the back of the tile, and then attach the tile to the wall, and tap it with a ash spatula wooden handle or a rubber hammer Tile, make the bonding material squeeze the entire gap between the tile and the wall, pay attention to the upper side of the tile. The mouth should be aligned with the horizontal line. If it is not flat, you can put a small piece of wood under the tile to adjust it. After pasting a row, you should use a ruler to level it horizontally, knock the higher tiles flat, and remove the recessed tiles to add grout and paste them again. The bonding material should not be too thick, otherwise it will not be easy to spread, and it should not be too thin, otherwise the tile paste cannot be fixed and it is easy to fall.
5. Use 10% dilute hydrochloric acid to scrub the surface. According to the pollution of the entire glazed brick wall, 10% dilute hydrochloric acid solution or tap water can be used to scrub the surface. If it is washed with dilute hydrochloric acid solution, it should be washed again with tap water. It is also reminded here that the external corners of the wall should be covered with external corner tiles. In principle, the internal corners should also be covered with internal corner tiles to make the corners form a beautiful arc. But now people generally use tiles to directly touch the corners for the convenience of the drawing, and generally do not do any treatment for the internal corners. After the glazed tile is laid and wiped clean, if you spray a thin layer of Bilizhu brightener on it and wipe it again with a soft cloth, the surface will appear bright and not easy to be contaminated.
6. The excess material in the tile gap should be scraped clean. When laying tiles, the excess bonding material in the tile gap should be scraped clean in time and wiped with a wet cotton cloth. To remove the stains on the tile, do not wait until the bonding material is dry and then wipe it. Not only can it not be cleaned, but if it is scraped off with a hard object, it will damage the glaze layer. After the bonding material is solidified, the joints can be brushed with white cement, gypsum mortar or color paste, and the mortar can be wiped and filled with cotton yarn.